Website Walden Circle Retirement Community
We’re Signature Retirement Living, and we believe that enjoying life is what Vibrant Seniors Living should be all about. We hire outstanding people who truly care about seniors and understand their needs. We value our staff and believe in providing a culture that cultivates and celebrates success, offering excellent benefits and perks, and a vibrant, fun, safe work environment and much more! As we continue to expand, we invite you to be a part of building a reputation that will stand the test of time. If you are passionate, creative, caring and energetic, we would like to hear from you!
The Walden Circle Retirement Community, located Mississauga, Ontario is actively seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Business Manager will be responsible for the efficient operation of the Business Office and the Concierge desk, including but not limited to hiring and supervision of staff, information and communication management, service payments, accounting functions, payroll, human resources and benefit administration; adheres to and enforces all legislative/regulatory requirements, and Company policies and procedures.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBLITIES
- Determine staffing requirements for the Administration department and maintain shift schedules to ensure sufficient employee coverage.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, schedule, discipline and evaluate Concierge staff.
- Perform all payroll and data entry functionality in the HR Information System/Timekeeper (where applicable).
- Co-ordinate the Community’s hiring and orientation process, including employment reference and police record checks; conduct general. Orientation and administer mandatory training modules for new hires and annually thereafter.
- Enforce and adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, legislation and Company policies and procedures.
- Continually be aware of and maintain the highest standards of professionalism by enforcing and adhering to the Company dress code and/or wearing the Company uniform.
- Prepare and submit all related bookkeeping transactions and month end financial reports for the Executive Director.
- Maintain rental fee matrix and prepare annual resident tax receipts.
- Perform all deposit activities including bank deposits and monthly bank reconciliations, including monthly summary for Support Office.
- Review outstanding aged trial balance weekly, ensuring receivables are maintained; prepare trial balance on a monthly basis and review with the Executive Director.
- Perform all Accounts Payable transactions, e.g. prepares cheque requisitions for approval.
- Act as weekend Manager on Duty, on a rotational basis.
WHO YOU ARE
- Post-secondary education in Business, Human Resources Management or Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Previous related experience, and basic accounting skills.
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Word (including Excel).
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire.
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time