Website Walden Circle Retirement Community
We have an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Director of Care at our high-end retirement community located in the heart of Clarkson Village, Mississauga.
Reporting to the Executive Director, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, directing and supervising health care programs and services for residents, ensuring compliance with all Federal and Provincial regulations and following the standards as set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Oversee the drug administration programs for residents including control and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics
- Establish and monitor a care plan for each resident to ensure the level and quality of agreed upon care
- Determines Nursing and Personal Care Attendant staffing requirements and is directly responsible for the recruitment, selection, orientation, education, performance management and administration of schedules for the departmental staff
- Adheres to the standards of The Retirement Homes Act and regulations, as well as the standards, policies and procedures of Signature Retirement Living
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively within the team, with residents and clients and families as well as external service resources
- Demonstrate solid nursing, leadership and organizational skills
- Able to work under minimal supervision, and demonstrate the ability to effectively supervise others
- Strong English language communication skills, both oral and written
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Maintains a current registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Approximately 5 -7 years of relevant experience
- Proven supervisory skills
Application Deadline: March 27, 2019
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.