Website Walden Circle Retirement Community
We’re Signature Retirement Living, and we believe that enjoying life is what Vibrant Seniors Living should be all about. We hire outstanding people who truly care about seniors and understand their needs. We value our staff and believe in providing a culture that cultivates and celebrates success, offering excellent benefits and perks, and a vibrant, fun, safe work environment and much more! As we continue to expand, we invite you to be a part of building a reputation that will stand the test of time. If you are passionate, creative, caring and energetic, we would like to hear from you!
Walden Circle Retirement Community, located in Mississauga, Ontario is actively seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for directing and implementing maintenance, housekeeping and laundry services for the residence and the surrounding grounds, in accordance with budgetary, legislative, regulatory and Company policies and procedures.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBLITIES
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate maintenance programs for HVAC, electrical, mechanical equipment, and all other building and property related equipment, including scheduling of maintenance and repairs; coordinate all replacement and new installation activities.
- Perform minor emergency maintenance/repair duties i.e. electrical, mechanical, plumbing etc.; inspect quality of service delivery and ensure timely responses to resident requests.
- Assist the Executive Director in negotiating, executing and renewing maintenance service contracts.
- Ensures appropriate pool chemicals and cleanliness of the pool area.
- Enforce and adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, legislation and Company policies and procedures.
- Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism by following the Company dress code and/or wearing the Company uniform.
- Participate in all Health and Safety, Fire Safety and Emergency Management programs; acts as Fire Marshall for the facility.
- Assist with receiving, ordering and storing supplies for the property.
- Develop and monitor the cleaning and laundry schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Hire, train, orientate, schedule and evaluate department staff to ensure quality of work performed.
- Sets annual goals and objectives for the department, evaluates and reports results; prepares annual budget for approval by Executive Director.
- Maintains records and maintenance contracts, ensuring proper follow-up and budget controls are in place.
- Attends staff meetings and mandatory training as required.
- Act as weekend Manager on Duty on a rotational basis; be available for emergency management situations.
- Use of electrical equipment, sharp tools, and in potentially congested work locations.
- Walking, stretching and standing for periods at least 3 hours per day.
- Lift alone, up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing, pulling up to 50 pounds, unassisted.
- Bending, stooping on a regular basis.
- Exposure to fluctuating temperatures.
- Climbing ladders and stairs and able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire.
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire.
WHO YOU ARE
- Completion of High School, and some post-secondary education in trades/building systems such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc. would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in building maintenance/HVAC systems, basic plumbing, electrical, minor painting and drywall repairs; pool maintenance training an asset.
- Sound leadership and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of the Environmental, Health and Safety regulations; Fire Safety Training for Vulnerable Citizens an asset.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office).
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Maintains valid Driver’s License.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.